Friday, May 9, 2008

A New Morning


I thought I would try a bit of prose and something a little more cheerful.


A shaft of sunlight warmed her body, as she slowly awoke from a deep sleep.
Murky images had crowded her dreams, but the gentle rain had washed away the disturbing visions. Stretching luxuriously, she swung her feet over to the side of the bed and slid into her slippers. Smiling, she padded over to the balcony and threw open the doors. The morning greeted her, freshly washed and laced with the scent of flowers and she could hear a family of sparrows chittering above her. The sun a golden disk in an azure sky, peeking shyly around downy clouds. Sighing contentedly, she breathed deeply of the fragrant air. It was full of promise and she relished the feeling. A glowing future stood before her, framed in hope, the shadows of the past banished with the radiant rays of dawn.


copyright Sherry Obsheatz

9 comments:

paisley said...

excellent opener.. wishing there was more.....

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of me when I'm up at Blackberry Ridge. I start my day by getting up -not quite jumping any more :-) and pulling back the curtains to see the day. Up there, I'm often surprised and treated to something spectacular.

Jan said...

I llove the entire image you create here...and all the 'images within the larger image'. My favorite line is : 'The morning greeted her, freshly washed and laced with the scent of flowers'.

Daisy said...

There is just so much imagery here - easy to get lost in. As paisley suggests, it feels like there should be more...

jyotsana said...

the entire stuff is a deep symbol. wish we could have the fresh eyes to see the world and our lives this way.

Pirate Princess said...

Perhaps you could continue on - I think we all really like what you have written.

btw - white roses are my faves. ;)

White Rose said...

Actually this was written for the Eliza story. Sometimes the beginning and the end comes before the middle of a story. I don't know if I will use it. Still working on the middle for Eliza.

Melissa said...

I wish for one of these mornings...perhaps if I could rid myself of my insomnia habit, then I should have a thousand mornings like this. This is inspiration! LOVED this!!!

Pirate Princess said...

I can relate to that - I keep skipping around in my own story and have to come back to focus on the current chapter I'm working on - I can't even count all the "small scenes" I've written that I probably won't use for this particular story, but maybe for something else. :)